Grants from trusts and foundations enable NYO to provide exceptional and transformative musical experiences to our young members and through them, to inspire young musicians and build diverse new audiences nationwide. Trusts and foundations make a real difference by helping us raise the funds necessary to continue delivering a wider cultural value and legacy as the UK’s leading
NYO is a registered charity and relies on donors and supporters to raise over £1.5 million every year. Without the committed support of our loyal donors the organisation would simply not reach the levels of artistic excellence or be able to reach as many teenagers with the unique energy and sound of NYO. Supporting NYO is a lot of fun.
Whether you can give as an individual donor, corporate, trust or wish to leave a gift to us in your will, we will support you in experiencing the Orchestra in a concert hall near you, in rehearsal or updating you on our activities and progress.
• NYO’s vision and mission to give breakthrough experiences to young musicians all over the UK
• NYO Inspire – help fund a place for a Grade 6 musician to experience the splendour of NYO
• Bursaries – NYO will never turn a musician away due to financial circumstances. Trusts and foundations help us keep that promise by supporting NYO bursaries
• A musician from your region – NYO musicians come from around the UK, supported by regional trusts and foundations
• Regional activity – support NYO and NYO Inspire activity in your local area
• Composers – help support our unique teenage composers' course
• The future of music – bring new music, new commissions, new projects to life with the next generation of orchestral musicians
• A unique experience – your trust could give a young musician the experience of their lives performing in our nation’s greatest concerts halls, under the baton of internationally renowned conductors, expert orchestral tutors and above all the opportunity learn and grow together with 164 other committed teenage musicians.
Please support NYO today.
'What you learn at NYO is
matchless: not just how to be a
better musician but how to be a
better team player, how to be
more confident and take risks.
How to achieve things you never
NYO means-tested Bursary recipient, aged 16