If you play at Grade 6+ standard and attend a state school, are home-schooled, or if you are Black, Asian or ethnically diverse, and would like to join our NYO Inspire programme, please contact Rachel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are particularly keen to hear from musicians who play viola, double bass, oboe, bassoon, horn, trumpet, trombone, tuba, or percussion at Grade 6, 7 or 8 standard, and who meet the eligibility criteria.
Applications for both NYO and NYO Inspire are completely free, and the application process is designed to give you a fun, collaborative and innovative musical experience, whatever the outcome.
We can’t wait to make music with you all.
• Auditioning for the National Youth Orchestra of Great Britain: We hold auditions on an annual basis for an orchestra of the UK’s most musical young people, playing an orchestral instrument at Grade 8 standard. The orchestra is at the heart of our activity, acting as role models for other teenagers, creating electrifying performances of the highest standard by teenagers, for teenagers. Auditions for 2022 have now closed. If you are interested to audition for NYO 2023, please sign up here, and we'll be in touch once applications are open.
• Applying to be part of NYO Inspire: If you play at Grade 6, 7 or 8 standard and attend a state school, are home-schooled, or if you are Black, Asian or ethnically diverse, you are eligible for our game-changing programme which encourages young people to make connections with each other, learn from your peers, and break through to the next level of your music-making journey. NYO Inspire musicians work together on musicianship skills and creativity, and learn from NYO musicians as they make connections, build friendships, and experience incredible music making with other musicians of a similar standard.
More information on how to apply is available on this page.
• You need to be aged between 13 – 18 on 1 September 2021.
• You are a British citizen, or resident or studying in the United Kingdom
• You are not studying full-time at a college of music, or on a joint course with a music college.
• If you play at Grade 6+ standard and above, and if you attend a state school, are home-schooled, or if you are Black, Asian or ethnically diverse, you are eligible for our programme, NYO Inspire.